Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Drinking Rules


There are some rules when you drink with Koreans in Korea. When I went to drink with Korean friends they told me only this. Don't let your neighbor's glass become empty. If your neighbor's glass became empty, you must pour new alcohol. I didn't know this rule. And I thought that leaving was no good so I drunk all of alcohol. But whenever my glass became empty, my friends poured alcohol into my glass again and again. If I didn't want to drink any more, I shouldn't have let my glass became empty. Be careful overdrinking.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Nice custom. But don't people do this in Japan, too?

G.G.SATOH said...

When I went to Korea, I was experienced too.

Anonymous said...

This topic is very interesting! The custom is just like Japanese.